How To Blur License Plate On iPhone? (2 Best Ways)
Blurring license plates is important to reduce exposure to stalkers, thieves, and other troublemakers, as I experienced so much trouble posting a picture with my car last week.
So, to blur the license plate on the iPhone, you can use the built-in editor of the iPhone and other third-party applications. And if you want to blur the license plate in the video, I recommend the iMovie app.
In this article, I’ve explained every method step-by-step for your ease. Surely at the end of this guide, you’ll be able to know how to blur license plate on iPhone.
So let’s get started.
Guide to Blurring License Plates on an iPhone:
I recommend two methods for blurring your license plate on your iPhone:
- Using iPhone built-in app
- Using a third-party app
Method 1: Using iPhone Built-in Editor
In my opinion, iPhone built-in editing app is the simplest and quickest way to blur license plates. Although it can’t blur your license plate, it can fully cover it with a marker effect.
You can use this built-in editor to cover the license plate with the same color or any other color you like. So, if you want to know how to blur license plate on iPhone using the built-in editor, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Gallery and select the photo you want to blur.
- Tap on the Edit option from the top right corner.
- Select the marker with a circle option present in the top right corner.
- Now choose the marker style you want. I prefer the second one because it’ll cover your license plate fully.
- After that, choose the same color as your license plate. You can choose a color from the color option and the + icon.
- Also, you can choose the opacity of the marker from there. I recommend you keep it on 100 for full coverage.
- Now make a line with the marker on your license plate. Repeat this step until it is fully covered.
- Now tap on Done to save the photo.
Congrats! Your license plate is now covered. Now you can post it anywhere without any fear.
Method 2: Using Third Party App
If you want a genuine blur instead of a marked effect on your license plate, I recommend you use an app called Blur Photo Effect Background.
This free app results in a complete blurring of your license plate.
So follow these steps to learn how to blur license plate on iPhone using a third-party app:
- First, download a third-party application named Blur Photo Effect Background.
- Launch the app and click on the Blur option.
- Choose the photo you want to blur.
- Select the size of your choice or go with the original one.
- By selecting the Blur option, drag your finger on the license plate.
- A blur will appear on your plate. Repeat this step until the plate is fully covered.
- After you’re done. Click on the Next option and tap on the Save icon.
- Congrats! Your license plate is now fully blurred.
How To Blur License Plate In Video On iPhone?
After blurring out license plates from pictures on iPhone, it’s time to blur from the video. I recommend these two methods:
- Using the iMovie app.
- Using a third-party app (Blur video app)
I’ve explained each method step-by-step. Follow the one you like.
Method 1: Using the iMovie app
- Download a blurry image (rectangle) on your iPhone.
- Launch the iMovie app. Create a new project by touching the Plus (+) icon.
- Choose the video and create a new Movie.
- Then select the video timeline and click the Plus (+) icon.
- Choose Photos and select the Blurry image you downloaded.
- Touch the three dots and select the picture-in-picture option.
- Once the blurry image is added to your project, select its timeline.
- Tap the adjust icon and place the blurry picture on the license plate.
- Drag the blurry image timeline to the end of the video.
- Once done, export and save the video to your iPhone gallery.
Note: Remember, the iMovie app will only blur a specific video part. If you want to blur the license plate in the video, you must add keyframes.
Method 2: Using Third Party App
You can also use the third-party app from the App Store to blur license plates in the video. I prefer the Blur video background app because this app consists of amazing blur tools to hide anything easily.
Follow the step-by-step guide to hide your license plate in the video:
- Download and install the Blur video background app.
- Launch the app and select the video you want to blur from your Gallery.
- Once it’s added to the app, select a blurred shape. I use a rectangle since it hides the number plate more efficiently.
- After that, drag and place the blurred shape icon over your license plate.
- The next step is to drag the video timeline slowly. When the license plate moves out of the rectangle due to motion, stop dragging it.
- Click the Keyframe button. When the button turns red, the Video Keyframe is active.
- The blur over the license plate can be dragged back.
- Follow this process to the end of the video to blur the license plate.
Should I Blur My License Plate?
Blurring out your license plate limits your exposure to potential thieves, stalkers, and other troublemakers.
It’s important to blur the license plate in your photos and videos. This technique makes tracking and messing with you more difficult.
Why Shouldn’t You Put Your License Plate Online?
Pixelating and blurring your car’s license plate eliminates the possibility of someone spying on you. So if you have serious issues with thieves and troublemakers, you shouldn’t put your license plate online.
Is It Bad To Post A Picture With Your License Plate?
No, it’s not bad. Posting a picture with your license plate in the real world is usual. But the only downside is that anyone can track you and get information through your plate number.
So, if you don’t want anyone to track you, you must blur your license plate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Do We Blur License Plates?
Blurring the license plate is done to prevent information from being revealed and tracked.
So, if you have any serious issues with your privacy, you should blur your license plate.
How Do I Blur A Face On iPhone?
You can blur a face using the iPhone’s built-in editor. Also, you can use a third-party app from App Store to get this done.
How Do You Block Out Pictured On iPhone?
You can blur sensitive details on the image with a solid rectangle or blur effect. A third-party app can also do this.
The whole article concluded that you could blur license plates on iPhone in two ways. The first one uses the built-in editor, and the second uses a third-party app.
Hopefully, now you should know how to blur license plate on iPhone.
The above guides and solutions are based on my experience and research. So, I’m sure you’ll benefit greatly from them.