How To Check Calculator History On iPhone? (2023 Easy Ways)
The calculator app on iPhone is very convenient and versatile, but sometimes you accidentally make a mistake and want to double-check what you did previously.
Because of this, you want to know how to check calculator history on iPhone?
In short, Apple does not provide a way to check the History of your iPhone calculator. But some alternatives would help you to check your calculator History.
I’ve discussed each method step-by-step in this article, which would greatly help you. And at the end of this article, you’ll surely be able to check your calculator history on your iPhone. So let’s get started.
Can You Check The Calculator History On iPhone By Default?
No. Apple doesn’t allow you to check the calculator history on iPhone as it is not supported by iOS for privacy reasons.
But some alternatives can be used to access the calculator history on iPhone. Below are some methods with a step-by-step guide to check the Calculator history on iPhone.
How To Check Calculator History On iPhone?
Method 1: View And Copy Your Last Result
You can check your History by viewing and copying the last results using the app shortcut.
This method is my favorite one because it can help you access the list of calculations you made. Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete this method:
- Open your iPhone and look for the Calculator app in the utility folder.
- Tap and hold the Calculator shortcut. You will be prompted with a new menu. Tap and select Copy Last Result.
- The last result of your calculations will now be copied to your clipboard.
- Paste them on the notepad to see what you have calculated previously.
Method 2: Using The Memory Function
You can also store results and typed numbers from your current calculation using the memory function. The result can be accessed and re-used as with a normal calculator, or you can continue complex calculations.
Follow these steps to see History using the memory function on the iPhone:
- Open your iPhone and go to the Calculator app.
- Calculate something as you normally would.
- Now switch your phone to landscape mode and tap m+ to store your current results in the calculator memory.
- Now continue with your new calculations as usual and use mr to recall your previous results stored in the memory.
- You can also have access to the following memory features to help you make the most of your results.
mr: Memory Recall
This function recalls your results or number currently stored in the calculator memory.
mc: Memory Clear
This function is to delete and remove results stored in the calculator memory.
m+: Memory Add
This function adds your current number to the number stored in the calculator memory. Suppose you have 4 on your screen and 7 stored in the calculator memory.
With this feature, the 4 and 7 will be added, and the result 11 will be shown on your screen.
m-: Memory Subtract
This function subtracts your current number from the number stored in the calculator memory. Suppose you have 4 on your screen and 7 stored in the calculator memory.
With this feature, the 4 and 7 will be subtracted, and the result 3 will be shown on your screen.
That’s how you can use the memory function in the iPhone calculator app.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Applications
Third-party calculator apps are a great way to store your calculator results. While the built-in calculator doesn’t store your History, many third-party apps allow you to do so while offering additional features.
I recommend you use the guide below to help you use the best third-party app to view your calculator history on an iPhone.
Calculator + is an app that I recommend and use for accessing my History.
This app has a simple User interface without ads and an easy way to view all your previous calculations without needing additional settings.
Download the app to your iPhone and run it as usual to perform calculations. At the top of your current calculations, you should be able to view your History.
View your entire History of calculations by swiping and scrolling. I like this app because you can edit your History by tapping and holding on to past calculations.
Other Third-Party Apps For Calculator History
Below are some other Calculator apps that allow you to access History on your iPhone. Depending on your needs and requirements, this can help you find an ideal app.
- The Calculator
- Calculator with History
- All-in-one calculator
- Quick calculator Vault +
- Calculator with History +
How To Record Results In The iPhone Calculator
You can record your results in the iPhone calculator using the following method:
Using The Screen Recorder
An effective way to record your calculations is to simply record while performing the calculations. You can view them later on, whatever you need to access your past calculations.
This is a great alternative if you want to store and back up your calculations for later reference. You can initiate a screen recording on your iPhone by following these steps:
- Access your control center by swiping on your screen. Tap the Screen recording icon to begin.
- After a countdown, perform your calculations as you normally would.
- When you are done, tap the screen recording bar to stop your recording.
- Tap stop to confirm.
You can now go to the Photos library and view the screen recording whenever you need to access your past calculations.
Difference Between Checking And Recording History
There is a misconception that many websites are created where they show the recording method in the history checking method. This implies that recording is the same as checking.
But after deep research, I’ve concluded this is wrong. It is different to check and record iPhone calculator history, and the methods are also very different.
Checking History on an iPhone calculator means viewing previous calculations made by the calculator. Using this method, you can verify the accuracy of past calculations.
In contrast, recording history refers to preserving the History of calculations for future reference.
The calculations could be copied and pasted into a separate document, or a screenshot of the calculator’s History could be taken.
Even though History can be used to review past calculations and correct errors, it does not provide a permanent record.
On the other hand, by recording the History of calculations, a permanent record can be created for future reference.
So, it’s important to differentiate between checking History and recording History.
For your convenience, I have described each method differently and recommend you follow the method that best suits your needs.
Other Tips & Tricks Of iPhone Calculator:
The Calculator app on iPhone is a user-friendly tool with several helpful features.
The following tips can help you a lot while using the calculator app on your iPhone:
- You can easily delete digits by swiping left or right, as there is no back button.
- Additionally, the scientific calculator is not accessible through a button on the screen but can be accessed by rotating the phone into landscape mode.
- In addition to using the Calculator app, the iPhone’s smart operating system allows you to perform calculations through the search bar. Simply swipe down from the top of the screen and enter your calculations, and the results will be displayed.
- Mistakes are common when using calculators, but the iPhone Calculator has a quick fix. The “C” key at the top left of the screen clears your last entry without deleting all your previous progress.
- Siri on your iPhone can also perform calculations for you for added convenience. Simply say, “Hey Siri,” and ask for the solution to a problem, such as “What’re 33 times 14?” or “What’s one-third of 350?”.
Overall, the iPhone Calculator app offers many benefits and helpful features for users who need to perform quick and accurate calculations on the go.
When it comes to clearing the history of calculator app, there’s no as such option because calculator doesn’t record your history unless you do it by yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Find History On My iPhone Calculator?
There’s no such option in the iPhone calculator to check the History. But you can copy the results and use third-party applications to access History on the iPhone calculator.
Can You Go Back On iPhone Calculator?
You can easily delete digits by swiping left or right, as the iPhone calculator has no back button.
Why Does iPhone Calculator Have No History?
Apple doesn’t support the Calculator history because of privacy reasons. But if you are curious about your results and corrections, download the third-party calculator app that also shows History.
The article concluded that Apple does not provide a way to check the History of your iPhone calculator. Still, you can use some alternatives to help you check your calculator history.
Hopefully, now you should know how to check calculator history on iPhone and all the related queries.
The above guide and tips are based on my deep research and experience, and I’m sure you’ll benefit greatly from them.