How To Clean Silicone Apple Watch Band? (5 Gorgeous Methods)
How would you feel wearing a dirty Apple Watch full of germs that damage your skin and make you feel ashamed around others? Doesn’t that sound stressful?
You’re right because having a dirty silicone watch band is a common problem, due to which many people ask how to clean silicone Apple Watch bands. If you’re one of them, then don’t worry; I’ve got your back.
I’ve explained numerous highly safe and effective ways to clean your watch band. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
Say Goodbye To Dirty Bands: 5 Effective Methods For Cleaning Silicone Apple Watch Bands
Based on my tests, the methods below work best in cleaning the silicone Apple Watch band. A step-by-step guide is explained for each method; follow the one that is easier for you.
Method 1: Using Baking Soda Mixture
A baking soda mixture is the most effective method for cleaning the silicone Apple Watch band. This effectiveness is due to the abrasive properties of baking soda, which helps to wear down stains and dirt.
Click the link below to buy my recommended Baking Soda:
- Baking Soda
- Warm water
- One old toothbrush or soft cloth
- One extra soft cloth
- Detach the bands from your Apple watch and place them in a warm water bowl for 3 minutes. (Water should not be boiling or too hot)
- After that, make a mixture of baking soda and water in a bowl.
- Take out the bands from the warm water bowl and put the baking soda mixture on them.
- Rub the mixture over the entire surface with a toothbrush or cloth and focus on the areas with more dirt and stains.
- Now rinse the mixture with the cold water and let the band dry for a few minutes. Use a soft cloth for drying. Check whether the stains are gone; if not, then repeat the method or follow the next one.
Method 2: Using Dishwashing Liquid
Dishwashing is the most well-known DIY method to clean the Apple Watch silicone band. Its surfactant properties are the major reason for its effectiveness.
These properties mostly help in breaking the oil stains from your watch band.
Click the link below to buy my recommended dishwashing liquid:
- Dish Washing liquid
- One Soft cloth
- Sponge or foam
- One old toothbrush
- Warm water
- Detach the watch bands and place them in warm water for about 3 minutes to let residue and stains get soft.
- After that, take out the band and put some dishwashing liquid over it.
- Use the sponge, foam, or toothbrush to gently rub the surface. Make sure to focus on the area with high stains.
- After that, rinse the liquid with water and let the band dry for a few minutes. Use a microfiber cloth for drying.
- Check whether the band is clean. If not, repeat the process or try the next method.
Method 3: Using White Vinegar Solution
White vinegar is on another level of effectiveness when cleaning the silicone watch band.
This is because vinegar’s acidic property helps remove deep stains from your bands, no matter what type they are.
Click the link below to buy the pre-made vinegar solution:
- Two soft cloths
- Warm water
- Detach the watch bands and place them in warm water for 3 minutes.
- Now make a solution of white vinegar and water to reduce the acidity of the vinegar. Mix equal parts of both substances in a bowl.
- Remove the band from the warm water and put the white vinegar solution over the entire surface.
- Rub it thoroughly with a soft cloth.
- Rinse the solution using water. Now check if the dirt is removed. If not, repeat the process or move to the next method.
Method 4: Using Warm Water
Using warm water to clean the silicone band is a gentle way of removing dirt and oil stains. The science behind this method is that warm water acts as a solvent that dissolves most of the stains and dirt.
Click the below link to buy the best magic cloth:
- Place the Apple watch band in a bowl of warm water for about 4-5 minutes.
- Take out the band and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Use a soft cloth to remove excess water and stains that get soft after the warm water contact.
Method 5: Using Isopropyl Alcohol-Based Wipes
If household solutions don’t work, chemical cleaning will be perfect for your band stains.
I recommend using isopropyl alcohol-based wipes, which remove stains and dirt using their chemical nature.
Click the link below to buy the best Isopropyl alcohol-based wipes.
- Clean your band and rub the isopropyl alcohol-based wipes on the surface.
- Focus on the areas with more stains.
- Rinse the alcohol with a soft cloth.
Using these methods, you can convert dirty Apple watch band to clean one.
Pre-Cleaning Checklist: 5 Important Factors to Consider for Cleaning Silicone Apple Watch Bands
The following things should be considered before cleaning the Apple Silicone case using any method:
- Always detach the bands from your Apple Watch and then start cleaning.
- Ensure you use a soft microfiber or micro-magic cloth to avoid scratches.
- Never use toothpaste and lime juice over your silicone Apple watch band, as these might have an adverse effect because of their abrasive and acidic properties.
- While cleaning the band with isopropyl alcohol, rinse the solution continuously with water.
- Let your band dry before attaching it to your Apple Watch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Clean My Silicone Apple Watch Band With Water Alone?
Yes. But you need to use the warm water for this purpose. The warm water will act as a solvent and dissolve all the residue, dirt, and stains into it.
Is It Safe To Clean The Watch Band With Isopropyl Alcohol-Based Wipes?
Yes, that’s safe. These wipes act as a disinfectant and remove bacteria from your watch band and dirt.
Can I Use Toothpaste Or Limejuice For Cleaning Apple Watch Band?
Using toothpaste or lime juice is not recommended for cleaning the watch band. This is because these substances’ abrasive and acidic nature might affect your watch band and cause discoloration.
The article concluded that you could use baking soda, dishwashing liquid, warm water, vinegar solution, and isopropyl alcohol-based wipes to remove dirt from your Apple Watch silicone band.
Hopefully, now you should know how to clean silicone Apple Watch and all the related queries.
These methods and tips are based on my tests and experiments. So, I’m sure that you’ll benefit greatly from them.