How To Mute An App On iPhone? (2 Effortless Methods)
When you’re in a meeting or at work, it can be beneficial to mute an application so that your Focus won’t be distracted. But on iPhone, there’s no mute option for the app, due to which many people are confused and ask how to do this.
So, there are two methods that you can use to mute an app on your iPhone. Both are highly simple and can be done through your iPhone’s settings.
In this article, I’ve discussed a step-by-step guide for both methods. At the end of this article, you’ll surely be able to mute any app on your iPhone. So let’s get started.
Muting An App On iPhone: 2 Simple Methods
These are two ways to mute an app on iPhone:
- Using the app notifications from Settings
- Using the focus option from Settings
The step-by-step guide is mentioned for both methods. So choose the one that you like according to your preferences.
Method 1: Using The App Notification From Settings (Best For Single Apps)
This method is highly simple and works best for muting a single app on iPhone. So, follow these steps to get this method done:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Now in the Settings app, look for the app you want to mute. Tap on it.
- After that, go to the notifications.
- Disable the “Allow notification” option.
- That’s it. The app is now muted.
Method 2: Using The Focus Option From Settings (Best For Multiple Apps)
This method is also very easy, and the best thing about it is that it works best for muting multiple apps simultaneously.
So follow these steps to mute multiple applications at one time:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone and look for Focus option. Tap on it.
- Tap on the plus icon “+” to create a new Focus.
- Now choose the field in which you want to focus on. For now, I’m going with the Custom focus.
- After that, name your focus. Let’s say I’m saying “Mute apps” name for my focus. You can also choose logo for your focus. Tap Next when you’re done.
- Tap on Customise Focus button.
- Go to Apps button and you’ll be suggested some apps to mute. Add and remove the apps according to your needs.
- After selecting the apps, check the “Silenece Notifications” option.
- That’s it. Multiple apps from your iPhone are muted.
How To Mute Youtube On iPhone?
To mute Youtube on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and look for the Youtube app. Tap on it.
- Now go to the notifications option.
- Disable the “Allow notifications” button.
- That’s it.
How To Silence Notifications On iPhone
To silence notifications on your iPhone, you can switch the mute button. Also, there’s another way to silence notifications on your iPhone.
Follow these steps to get this done:
- Launch settings on your iPhone and look for the Focus option.
- In the Focus option, select Do not disturb.
- Now, select the apps or contacts you want to silence.
- Tap Done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is the Purpose Of Muting An App On an iPhone?
Muting an app on iPhone is beneficial when you’re working or in a meeting. So, to avoid any unusual distractions, we mute the app.
How Do I Mute Notifications For Specific App On My iPhone?
To avoid the app notification on your iPhone, go to Settings > Click On that app > Notifications > Disable “Allow notifications option.”
Can I Schedule When An App Is Muted On My iPhone?
Yes. You can schedule the mute timing of an app with the help of the Focus option. This option of iOS allows you to mute the app for some specific time and many other features.
Is It Possible To Mute All Apps On My iPhone At Once?
Yes. For muting multiple apps on iPhone:
1-Use the Focus feature from Settings.
2-Click on the Focus option and create a new focus.
3-Name it and add the apps you want to mute.
The article concluded that you can mute the app using the App notifications and Focus option from the iPhone settings.
So, if you want to mute a single app, go with the first method, and for muting multiple applications, the second method (by focus feature) is recommended.