How to Remove Scratches From Apple Watch? (5 Amazing Methods)
Having an Apple watch feels intimate, but what if it’s scratched? That’s so embarrassing, right? Some techniques and products confuse people on the internet, and most also don’t work.
Therefore, many think these scratches cannot be removed, so they give up. But they don’t know that household products can remove these scratches. Doesn’t that sound interesting?
So yeah, you’re in the right place. In this article, you’ll find some highly effective methods I tested that will help you remove scratches from your Apple Watch.
So let’s get started.
Say Goodbye to Scratches: Unveiling the Secrets to Reviving Your Apple Watch’s Flawless Shine
Below are some of the most effective methods to remove scratches from Apple Watch. Follow the one that you like most.
Method 1: Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste is the most popular DIY method to remove scratches from Apple Watch, and it’s because of the mild abrasive action.
Toothpaste contains substances like aluminum hydroxide and calcium carbonate that act as a polishing agent and help wear down the minor scratches on your Apple watch screen.
For the toothpaste method, follow these simple steps:
- Cotton swab
- Soft cloth
- Alcohol-based wipes
- First, start by cleaning the screen with a soft cloth. I recommend you use the microfiber cloth to avoid more scratches.
- Take some alcohol-based wipes and give your screen a disinfected and smudges-free look.
- After that, apply a few amounts of toothpaste on your Apple watch screen and use a cotton swab to rub the paste gently. Focus on the area that has more scratches.
- Rub the paste for about 3 minutes.
- Now remove the paste from your screen using a soft cloth.
- Check whether the scratches are gone. If not, repeat the procedure or follow the next method.
Click on the link below to buy the best and affordable Alcohol-based wipes.
Method 2: Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is also a well-known method for cleaning the Apple Watch due to its powdery texture. This texture acts as a polishing material and helps buff the Apple watch screen.
- Cotton swab
- Baking soda
- Small bowl
- Soft cloth
- First, take a baking soda in a bowl and add some water to make a mixture. We need a thick mixture, so take the baking soda twice as of water.
- Now, before applying the mixture, clean the screen using alcohol-based wipes. Use a soft cloth to dry it after that.
- Apply the mixture on the watch screen with the cotton swab and rub it gently.
- Rub the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- After that, remove the mixture using a soft cloth and check whether the scratches are gone. If not, repeat the process or move to the next method.
Click on the link below to buy the best and affordable magic-fiber cloth.
Method 3: Using PolyWatch Crystal Scratch Remover
Nowadays, PolyWatch is one of the most trending products specifically designed to remove scratches from Apple Watch screens.
You can buy PolyWatch crystal scratch remover from the below link:
- Polywatch scratch remover
- Cotton swab
- Soft Cloth
- Alcohol base wipes
- Clean your Apple Watch Screen with the Alcohol base wipes.
- Apply the Polywatch on your watch screen and rub it with the cotton swab.
- I recommend you rub it in a circular motion for about 3 minutes.
- After that, clean the mixture with a soft cloth and check whether the scratches are gone.
Note: If your Apple Watch has a Sapphire crystal screen, then Polywatch is not for you.
Method 4: Use Metal Polish
Metal Polish is highly effective in removing scratches from Apple Watch. It’s because of the abrasive nature that helps wear down the scratches on the screen.
Click on the below link to buy the best metal polish for your Apple Watch screen.
- Metal Polish
- Soft Cloth
- Cotton Swab
- Alcohol Base Wipes
- Disinfect and clean your Apple Watch screen using the Alcohol base wipes.
- Use some metal polish on the screen and rub it gently for up to 3 minutes.
- Focus on the areas that have more scratches.
- Remove the mixture using the soft cloth and check whether the scratches are gone.
Method 5: Apply Screen Protector
If none of the above methods works on your Apple Watch screen, it’s likely to have very deep scratches that can’t be removed.
So, for such scratches, I recommend using a screen protector that minimizes the appearance of scratches and stops them from being more prominent.
If you want to buy the best protector for your Apple Watch that minimizes the scratches appearance, click here.
Shield Your Apple Watch: 5 Essential Tips to Prevent Scratches and Keep Your Device Looking Flawless!
Follow these tips if you want to prevent your Apple Watch from scratches in the future:
- Avoid contact with hard surfaces, as these surfaces directly cause scratches on your Apple Watch.
- Place it on a soft surface while charging.
- Buy a protective case.
- Use a screen protector
- Always use a soft microfiber cloth for cleaning the screen.
For the best Apple Watch protective case, click below button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Completely Remove Deep Scratches From My Apple Watch?
No. Deep scratches could be pretty hard to remove using the DIY methods. So, for deep scratches, it is recommended to use a screen protector that minimizes their appearance or seek a professional.
Will Toothpaste or Baking Soda Affect Apple Watch Screen?
No, these substances don’t affect your Apple Watch screen. But as these contain abrasive materials, using toothpaste and baking soda more than once a month is not recommended.
Do Alcohol-Based Wipes Remove Scratches?
No. Alcohol-based wipes are only for cleaning purposes. These wipes remove smudges, fingerprints, and oil stains from your Apple Watch.
The article concluded that removing minor scratches from Apple Watch is possible using DIY methods. These methods wouldn’t work for the deep scratches.
Hopefully, now you should know how to remove scratches from Apple Watch and the tips to prevent scratches in the future.